NYMetroParents, the parenting division of Schneps Media, publishes eight regional print magazines around the greater New York City metro region, as well as the website nymetroparents.com.Read more...
40 Rector St., 2nd floorFinancial District, Manhattan, New York 212-744-8181 x143
China Institute is NYC’s leading school of Chinese Studies. Founded in 1933, the School is chartered by the NYS Board of Regents and offers a wide range of fun and immersive small Mandarin classes tailored to student’s age and abilities. Classes run on a semester basis either at our either at our Upper East Side(UES) or Downtown Locations. We offer:
• Chinese Classes for Toddlers, Kids and Teens: Downtown Location, UES Location
• SAT & AP Prep
• NYC Summer Day Camp
• Private Tutoring at the convenience of your home, online, or at our school
Check-out our Kids Program Blog, click here!
· The Chinese for Children & Youth Afterschool Classes follow the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL, www.actfl.org) Standards and Proficiency Guidelines, offering language classes at all proficiency levels to toddlers, children and teens ages 2-17. Students will learn Mandarin Chinese language and culture through songs, stories, games and art projects in a student-centered classroom environment. Classes are taught by our team of native speakers who are professional experienced language teachers. Cultural elements are woven into the curriculum so that students can study the Chinese language while learning about Chinese culture and life. Classes follow the academic year and are divided into two semesters from September to June. Each semester consists of 15 weeks. Snacks and materials are included (note: textbooks are not included in the price).
· Enrollment is limited and offered on a rolling basis. Schedule an appointment for a quick 15 minute assessment! Have a question? Please contact us at: [email protected] or (212)-744-8181, ext. 110.
· Click here to learn more about our toddlers program!
Meet the Director |
Ms. Shenzhan Liao is head of school at China Institute and dean of Confucius Institute at China Institute. Ms. Liao graduated with an M.ED. in anthropology and education from Teachers College, Columbia University, after receiving an M.A. in comparative education from Beijing Normal University, China. Ms. Liao served as a member of the Alumni Council at Columbia University’s Teachers College from 2014-2019.
Sent to You Weekly!