How to Help Your Child Stay Focused During Online Learning
Here's what to do if your student just can’t sit still when learning at home.
Get kid-friendly activities sent to you!
Get the Best Family Activities
Another surefire way to get out the wiggles is taking frequent breaks to move around. Here are some ideas for a quick mobile break time that will help kids refocus and reset:
- Go on a short bike ride. Even if it’s just around the block, let your kids breathe some fresh air and move their legs.
- Dance it out. Play your family’s favorite songs and bust a move.
- Get up and stretch. A couple of warrior poses on each leg and a long downward-facing dog should do the trick.
- Jump around. Use a trampoline, jumping rope, or just tennis shoes and a floor.
- Organize a scavenger hunt. Plant 4-5 items based on a theme such as shapes or food and then give your kids clues to find them.
- Create an obstacle course. Use chalk to draw obstacle prompts on cement; create a Hula-Hoop challenge or use the hoops as steppingstones; crawl through tents or tunnels.
- Let them play with their hands. Give your kids a ball of clay or dough and ask them to make shapes.
- Zentangle. This game uses small squares of paper to create spur-of-the-moment designs, which helps the creator be in the moment and forget about other concerns, like algebra.