NewYork-Presbyterian Opens New Hospital for Women and Newborns
The facility is dedicated to providing exceptional, individualized care to pregnant women and their newborns before, during, and after childbirth.
Get can’t-miss family activities sent to you!
Get the Best Kid-Friendly Activities
Sent to You Weekly!
The hospital, which features rooms that are flooded with natural light and art created by women, serves as a place for the most comprehensive, personalized level of care available to women. Multidisciplinary obstetric and neonatal teams of physicians and other health care professionals from Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian will care for every patient holistically. The hospital offers:
- A comfortable, private Labor and Delivery Unit for all kinds of deliveries with specialized medical and nursing staff, advanced technologies, and 24-hour obstetric anesthesiology services.
- Specialized, expert care for pregnant women with an increased chance for health complications including prenatal consultations, fetal monitoring, and state-of-the-art diagnostic procedures.
- After-birth care in a one of the 75 private rooms with a bathroom and shower.
- A 60-bed NICU with an MRI and operating room within the unit.
- Advanced perinatal care for women whose pregnancies are complicated by fetal conditions.
- Prenatal testing and genetic counseling as well as fifteen ultrasound rooms to perform onsite prenatal diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- Breastfeeding support
The facility almost triples the space available for pregnant women and newborns at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and will accommodate more than 7,000 births each year. It is part of a systemwide initiative to enhance obstetric services throughout NewYork-Presbyterian's campuses.
"Every child and every mother deserves access to the highest quality of care,” Alexandra Cohen of the Alexandra Cohen Foundation, said in a press release. “We are proud to support NewYork-Presbyterian and the creation of this remarkable new hospital where each patient will be treated with great compassion while receiving the very best care during this momentous time in their life.”
RELATED: The Most Popular Baby Names Right Now